Environmental Law and Permitting are two of the niche practice areas of Greek law in which our attorneys have gained unique expertise by handling some of the most complex projects in the energy and oil & gas, as well as in the metallurgical industry and quarries as well as airports and infrastructure. In addition we are able to provide guidance to our clients on administrative issues affecting transactional work including:
- Advice on environmental, licensing and planning issues in relation to due diligence.
- Drafting of relevant indemnity and warranties clauses.
- Representing client in relevant disputes.
- Advice on expropriation and forest matters
- We have advised several wind farm SPVs and energy companies of Mytilineos Group on environmental and zoning matters as well as planning and land use restrictions.
- Due diligence on environmental terms and other permits of 37 Regional Airports on the occasion of the relevant privatization programme
- We have advised ENDESA HELLAS S.A. with regard to revocation of building permits and zoning restrictions due to adjacent archaeological sites
- We regularly provide advice to Delfi Distomo S.A regarding environmental matters of quarry and industrial waste disposal matters.
We have advised major industry in relation to annulment actions in respect with fines imposed due to breach of environmental terms, quarry permits and forest classification processes.