Your Legal Partners has a fast-developing and highly motivated healthcare practice that is established on an in-depth understanding of the distinctive features of the heavily regulated healthcare market. The members of our healthcare practice have substantial experience in advising a wide range of companies that are major actors in the pharmaceutical, medical devices and biotechnology products industry, as well as healthcare services providers such as diagnostic centres, and healthcare professionals.
We advise our clients on :
- regulatory compliance issues particularly with regard to the framework of interaction between companies of the healthcare industry and healthcare professionals (e.g. consulting agreements, sponsoring of HCPs’ participation in events),
- cooperation between companies of the healthcare industry and healthcare institutions (e.g. grants, donations, sponsorships, clinical trials) or pharmaceutical companies (e.g. co-promotion and co-marketing agreements)
- interaction between companies of the healthcare industry and patient associations (e.g. patient-assistance programs and sponsorships), cooperation between,
- distribution and agency contracts, promotional activities, public awareness campaigns and internet-related activities undertaken on behalf of companies pertaining to the healthcare sector.
Additionally, our expertise in anti-trust and unfair competition law, data privacy, labor law and tax law combined with our strong dispute resolution team allows our firm to handle effectively, timely and efficiently complex, multi-faceted transactions and litigation.
Representative clientele and cases where we have acted as counsel with regard to healthcare-related matters include:
- Advising leading international pharmaceutical company involving day-to-day advisory work on issues of internal compliance based on the company’s operating procedures and internal guidelines, issues of regulatory compliance with regard to the company’s promotional or other activities based on the Greek legislative framework, Codes of Professional Conduct, and Circulars of the Greek Supervisory Authority (National Drug Organization – “EOF”);
- Acted as counsels for “ORTHOMEDICAL S.A”. in a 6 m. Euro litigation versus a listed US medical technology company which recently ended with settlement of the dispute;
- Advised “Omrix Biopharmaceuticals”, a company specialized in development and manufacture of life-saving products derived from human plasma, in a local dispute with Greek Authorities (IFET – Institute of Pharmaceutical Research & Technology);
- Advising a major direct marketing company in developing its policies with using data base of major private Obstetrics – Gynecology Hospital (“IASO”) in using data base for applying direct marketing policies;
- Advising medical professionals (doctors, psychiatrists), in developing systems for protecting privacy of health records in the context of forming partnerships and companies between them; also advising them for complying with relevant provisions of Greek Medical Ethics Code;
- Advising “Swartz Pharma” in establishing its Greek branch & complying with all local regulations. Also, drafting of local standard operating procedures framework for a leading international medical devices company in order to establish and operate its local subsidiary in Greece;
- Advising ‘Mundipharma” in dispute with its local distributor;
- Drafting and review of contracts relating to leasing and other forms of supplying medical devices and surgical equipment for a leading international company that is active in the field of surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products;
- Advising foreign pharmaceutical and medical devices companies with regard to their interaction with Greek HCPs;
- Advising international pharmaceutical and medical devices companies with regard to their pharmacovigilance and vigilance obligations respectively;
- Advising a leading international information technology company with regard to outsourcing of health data processing.
- Advising “P. CARAYANNIS S.A”, a leading Greek company in the medical equipment sector on its dealings with foreign suppliers (e.g. Smith & Nephew), new agency contracts and compliance issues;
- Advising “OPTIMUM ORTHOPEDICS S.A”, a leading Greek company in the medical equipment sector on various issues related to the medical technology sector;