We believe that a litigator lawyer has a valuable role to play in preventing disputes. If however the litigation process is unavoidable the lawyer should identify the client’s objectives and use the necessary mechanism to provide the client with a cost and time effective solution. The firm’s litigation and arbitration practice deals with all forms of commercial litigation. We have a profound understanding of the procedure of arbitration in view of our record acting as advocates or secretary in several international arbitrations with legal and factual complexity administered by the rules of major institutions (ICC, LCIA, RAE).
Your Legal Partners most recent experience includes:
- A landmark for Greek industry and electricity market: Decision 51/2013 of the Arbitral Tribunal, appointed according the Rules of the Permanent Arbitration of RAE, in the dispute between Aluminium S.A. and PPC
- We have successfully represented Aluminium S.A. before the Arbitral Tribunal, appointed according the Rules of the Permanent Arbitration of RAE, in its dispute with PPC as regards the implementation of the principles for pricing of electrical energy in order to reform the contract between the parties and to set a price for the supply of electrical energy. The Tribunal was established in October 2012, pursuant to Law 4001/2011 for the harmonization of Greek legislation to EU Directives for the liberalization of the electricity market, and issued its decision in late October 2013. The dispute involved complex legal issues in the fields of contract law, energy law and competition law and required a deep familiarization with equivalently complex technical issues. The Tribunal with its decision, following a consideration the real cost of PPC for the supply of electricity to Aluminium S.A. and the unique characteristics of the latter as an energy consumer, has reformed the contract between the parties by setting a fair price according to the principles of RAE for pricing. This decision of the Arbitration Tribunal has set a landmark for Greek industry and electricity market.
- Acting as counsels to Aluminium S.A. as Claimant before the Greek Civil Courts in its dispute of value €10 million against DESFA (Greek National Natural Gas System Operator) and its representatives arising from DESFA’s de facto denial to grant Aluminion S.A. access to the national natural gas system pursuant to applicable legislation.
- Acting as counsels for Aluminium S.A in an international ad hoc arbitration regarding a dispute of value of approximately €1,5 billion
- Acting as counsels to Respondent and Counterclaimant on behalf of a major Greek bank in an ICC arbitration of a value of € 110 million, regarding claims under a merger agreement in the banking sector.
- Acting as counsels to Respondent on behalf of a major Greek energy player in an ICC arbitration of value € 50 million regarding claims under a services sub-contract in an EPC contract for an energy plant. In the framework of the same dispute we are acting on behalf of the Greek energy player as claimant before Greek Civil Courts.
- Acting as counsels for one of the largest Greek, listed in ASE, food industries in litigation proceedings in Greece and abroad against its main Greek competitors in patent protection and competition cases.
- Acting as counsels for the biggest metallurgical group of industries in Greece in numerous litigations in all kind of private law cases.
- Acting as counsels for an airline company as regards its claims against the Greek State.
- Acting as counsels for an insurance company as regards its claims against agents.
- We handle various complex cases before the Supreme Court (Areios Pagos).